Bu Zhong Yi Qi Wan TCM Herbal Formula
- English Name: Tonify the Middle and Augment the Qi Formula
- Pinyin Name: Bu Zhong Yi Qi Wan
- Alternate Names: Bu Zhong Yi Qi San, Ginseng and Astragalus Combination, Decoction for Reinforcing the Center and Replenishing Qi
- Chinese Character: 补中益气丸
Bu Zhong Yi Qi Wan Usages and Indications
- The coldness of the limbs, borborygmus with loose stools or diarrhea due to spleen yang deficiency.
- Spontaneous or easy sweating, general fatigue, changes in appetite due to spleen qi deficiency.
- Pale complexion and preference for warm food or drinks due to spleen yang and qi deficiency.
- Shortness of breath and a noticeable lack of desire to speak may present if both spleen and stomach qi are weak.
- This formula is also commonly used for prolapsed organs.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Use with caution for yin deficient patients.